Wednesday 29 April 2015

A-to-Z Challenge (2015 edition): Y is for Your Sister's Sister

A-TO-Z CHALLENGE:
DAY TWENTY FIVE



Before I jump into this review, let me just say I was super tired when I was watching this Sunday morning, and I thought the film was called "Your Sister's Keeper" and it was a Jodi Picoult rip-off. But that isn't the title. And Your Sister's Sister is not a rip-off.



The film follows after the one-year anniversary of the MC's brother's death. I hope that makes sense. (I swear, I must still be tired while writing this. Yeesh.)

Anyways, let's try this again: the MC, Jack, lost his brother a year ago and his best friend, Iris (played by Emily Blunt) invites him to crash at her father's cottage. So he goes up there without Iris to spend a weekend thinking about the shambles his life has been since his brother died. What Jack doesn't expect is company in the form of Emily's elusive older half-sister, Hannah.

Hannah just broke up with her long-term girlfriend and she's a mess like Jack. And after they drink a lot, they sleep together for two different reasons, though both equally selfish. It's their selfishness that comes to light and nearly ruins their relationship with Iris when the latter decides to drop by for a surprise visit, not at all expecting her sister to be there or for Jack, whom she's fallen in love with, to have slept with her sister.

Stuff happens, the ending is...umm, poetic. Annoying AND poetic.



All I'm going to say is that there's a birth control test and we don't know if Hannah's pregnant or not. And no, I highly doubt there's a sequel. My bad, that should read...The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment