Tuesday 28 April 2015

A-to-Z Challenge (2015 edition): X is for X

A-TO-Z CHALLENGE:
DAY TWENTY FOUR



I was going to go with X-Men for this one, but I found another film and so I didn't have to cheat and watch Project X either.


XNight of Vengeance was like a poetic crime thriller. Crazy crap happened, but there were more intimate moments...and by intimate I don't mean the load of sex in the film. The plot follows two characters, 30-year-old Holly, a prostitute who's had enough of the sex world and is calling an early retirement to the City of Lights, and 17-year-old Shay, a runaway school girl who leaves behind her world after her mother dies.


Tbh I have no clue why this film is called "X"? The meaning is lost to me. I mean I sort of figure the subtitle makes more sense. The film takes place in one night...well, two sorta, but really the action all goes down in one night.

And there's a lot of action. Some cop defies the laws of...well, he defies death over and over until he bites the bullet and finally dies. The taxi driver, Harry, is adorable. Shay is crazily naive, but her loyalty to her deceased mother and the fact that she's just so lost makes my heart break over just thinking about it. I loved that Holly came back for her...watch the film and you'll get what I mean.


The ending was bittersweet, but I couldn't imagine it happening any other way.

Fair warning, of course. It's R-rated for a reason. So approach with caution as there's more nudity than violence, although one violent incident made me a bit squeamish. Don't let that stop you from watching X. It's a good movie, if you don't mind nudity, violence and swearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment