Saturday 4 April 2015

A-to-Z Challenge (2015 edition): D is for Dream House

A-TO-Z CHALLENGE:
DAY FOUR


Dream House was not my initial choice for the A-to-Z's Day Four topic. But Daniel Craig was in it, and I got to see him shirtless, so it wasn't all that bad.

Still this movie was all over the place. I went in expecting a paranormal/psychological thriller because, well, there was the family moves into a new house opening and it sort of set me up for it. Yet after the first 20 minutes, I figured it was more of a crime/suspense type film a la Orphan.



In the end it turned out to be a bit of both. I really didn't mind it but the ending did feel rushed. The twist was fun, but it didn't exactly explain why Nicole Kidman's character was there. She didn't really have a very interesting role. She was just...there.

Everything felt convoluted. It made me cry, sure, and I didn't walk away feeling like I wasted an hour and a half. Still I thought it could have done better. The action could have been more heart-pounding, the antagonist's motive more frightening and twisted, and the causalities could have been more gut-wrenching.

This film cover was scarier and so much more promising with the fear factor.
So not scary, but it could definitely scratch a movie itch. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment