Saturday 25 April 2015

A-to-Z Challenge (2015 edition): V is for Vamps

A-TO-Z CHALLENGE:
DAY TWENTY TWO



Okay, I didn't make much of an effort to avoid a vampire movie... So I picked tastefully--*cough*Vampires Suck*cough*--and went with an Alicia Silverstone film (or a film with Alicia Silverstone starring) because I figured I couldn't go too wrong with her:



And I was right!
Vamps wasn't great, but it had a pretty sweet ending. By sweet I mean satisfying. It wasn't by any means a HEA. And this isn't a romance, necessarily. If Vamps were a book, I would call it a chicklit. As in, some romantic subplot(s) but the romance could be removed and the story reworked easily.

So Vamps follows Silverstone's character, a 160+ year old vampire, and her more newly-turned vampire roommate, played by Krysten Ritter.

Both girls are trying to live a modern-life, and Silverstone is having more trouble, even as she takes the younger Ritter character under her, err, bat wing, to teach her about night life and especially on how to survive without drinking from humans. Ritter's vamp character never drunk from a human, but she doesn't have to deal with urges when she lands herself a hunk of a human bf.

It was more cheesy than funny. But the minutes flew by. It's a cute movie, and I don't have much to complain about. I did cringe every time they stuck a straw in a rat...that doesn't count against Vamps though.


No comments:

Post a Comment