Tuesday 21 April 2015

A-to-Z Challenge (2015 edition): R is for Role Models

A-TO-Z CHALLENGE:
DAY EIGHTEEN



Usually I go into watching movies like Role Models reminding myself to be open to the experience (sorta like how I tried and failed with Grownups and Daddy Day Care).



Do you see my point?
But all my preparation was unnecessary because the movie was decent. It was actually pretty cute. Predictable, that's for sure, but cute.

Paul Rudd--who I don't always like to watch--had a very distinct role that contrasted with Seann William Scott's typecast "perverted party guy" role. Throw in MacLovin' and some mouthy little kid in and you got yourself a movie that you definitely shouldn't watch with your kids unless you're cool with them seeing boobs and Scott smoking pot.

Looks can be deceiving. This is more raunchier than both Grownups & Daddy Day Care, so choose your movies wild.

That being said, I did have a problem with the kid in this movie being exposed to the nudity and the language. And he was cussing so much... Oh man, I understand that he got permission to play the role from his parents/legal guardians, but the idea of exploiting your kids into roles like these are just disgusting.

Case in point:



First, holy graphic... And come on!! How is this funny? Also this bullsh** stereotype of angry black people needs to stop!

Anyways, overall the movie was just fine once you looked over the misogynist, child exploiting, lame jokes (e.g. that woman from Gleewas not funny) crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment