Tuesday 24 February 2015

BAKING REVIEW (2): Red Velvet Cupcakes (w/out sour cream + vinegar)

BAKING REVIEW:
Red Velvet Cupcakes

Now this recipe was supposed to be for the previous Valentine's weekend, but my lazy bum couldn't drag myself to the kitchen...

But they're done now! And I have the wonderful pleasure of eating them after the hard work.

I had to search a bit for a Red Velvet recipe sans sour cream and white vinegar because I don't have both and I wanted to work on a budget. (Also I had no clue what I'd do with the remaining white vinegar...)

Anyways.

Here's what the original recipe looks like:



This is the full recipe, but I chose to half the original because i didn't want to end up with 2 dozen cupcakes... That's too much cake. :)

And here's what I ended up with:

Notice the lack of sprinkles...

A picture of my own first tasting...


Overall, I found the cake part is a bit dry and the sweet moisture of the cheesecake frosting saved this from just being too dry. All in all, a nice combo. (And I got the thumbs-up from my family. :D)



As you can see I have no future in cake decorating; however I stuck with the frosting recipe that wasn't intended for piping.

My verdict:

❤.5

(4.5 hearts)

No comments:

Post a Comment