Monday 30 November 2015

BOOK REVIEW (93): Noelle's Christmas Crush (Crush #4)

BOOK REVIEW:
Noelle's Christmas Crush


Okay, I read this a couple weeks ago but I'm getting to the review now.
This is the 4th book in the Crush series by Angela Darling. And you can go check out reviews to the first three books here, here, and here.

That out of the way, let's get to the review.

Like most of my Christmas-y reads this year, I read this a bit earlier then the actual season start (and now with American Thanksgiving over, Christmas and New Years' are in full swing).

So this book, Noelle's Christmas Crush is about, well, 12-year-old Noelle and her crush on a classmate, Noel. Hehe. I still giggle when I think or say their names together: Noelle & Noel sitting (under) a (Christmas) tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.





This is what I found when I searched up that old playground song. Best picture of this ever (look at their lips!)... Hahaha.


So Noelle likes Noel and she wants to invite him to her birthday party. She's on of those (lucky? unlucky?) people born on (or near) a holiday: Noelle's birthday is on Christmas. She hasn't minded this before, but this year she's 12 and older and she wants an un-Christmas birthday. Basically she wants a separate birthday party and she wants presents that are a combo of her b-day and Christmas.


Anyways, she's in party planning mode and the best way to cap off her party would be if Noel were to accept her invitation. You'll have to read the book to find out if he does.


What I liked about this book was the family element. The other stories had bits and pieces of it, but not to the degree of this book. I think that goes to say it went with the holiday theme, but it was still heartwarming following Noelle interacting with her older brother and her parents and aunts and uncles and Grandmother.


The one thing I thought was cheesy was Noel was born on Christmas Eve. That had me rolling my eyes, but I let it go since it didn't get in the way...too much. The ending was my favourite surprise as Noelle comes to learn something really special about Noel's life.


Again: you gotta pick up Noelle's Christmas Crush to find out what I'm hinting at and join in on the fun and sweetness of this short read.


Other than making me hungry (the mention of holiday treats) I would recommend this book to anyone interested. Upside of picking this one up is that you don't have to read the first three books to enjoy Noelle and Noel's story.


My verdict:




(5 stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment