Saturday 15 August 2015

Two Years Later...




Happy blogiversary to me!


I can't believe it's the two-year mark.
Two years ago I took the plunge and dipped my toe into blogging. I say, dipped, because I didn't post as much, and my goals for the blog were still scattered a bit.


And it all started with finding this blog hop.


http://sylmion.blogspot.ca/p/do-you-have-goal.html



The 'Do You Have Goals?' blog hop, also known as the Big Dreams blog hop hosted by authors Misha Gericke and Beth Fred is a five-year journey that started in July 2013.
I found the hoppity-hop a month later, but I quickly took to the idea that other people were challenging themselves -- and publically! -- to strive to reach their big, crazy goals. And though we only update once a month on our progress, we cheer each other on whenever we can. :)

It's a fun and encouraging atmosphere, and I'd definitely recommend you join if there's any one goal you've been itching to accomplish. Clickety-click here (or that big image of the arrow to go to the sign-up page.)

My goal has been to reach one million words of completed novels, novellas, screenplays, etc. Initially, back in August 15th 2013, I wanted to reach that one million by Mother's Day 2016. I have no clue why that date is so significant, other than my mom (and dad!) have been HUGE support of my dream to be an author (full-time or otherwise) someday.

Really in their eyes, I'm already an author. ^^

Anyways, one million by May 8th, 2016 became one million...well, by the end of the five-year journey for the blog hop hopefully. So by July 2018. We're still a while away. And I'm almost at the 25% count.

However I've also learned in these past few months that simply adding to the ultimate word count of one million wasn't getting me closer to having a polish manuscript I was willing to pitch to agents and/or editors. Or even self-publish.

I've now set the task of focusing on learning the craft of editing. Of being a better writer (i.e. grasping deep POV in my romances, and so fort) and of making my writing more of a career than a hobby. Especially since I want it to be a career.

As for my reading and reviewing, I've enjoyed it immensely, and I'm glad I tried it just to say I did it. BUT I'll be discontinuing it in 2016. Or I won't be doing reviewing as regularly -- I WILL be reading still and continuing to set reading goals. More on that later in the year.

So, for the coming year of blogging I want to hopefully report on making progress with my editing and with being that much closer to author-dom. *cue heavenly pipes and chanting*

Now, I'm going to go enjoy some cupcakes.
Nothing says celebration like cupcakes.
Or any kind of cake actually...

No comments:

Post a Comment