Sunday 12 July 2015

BAKING REVIEW (7): Blueberry Cupcakes w/ cream cheese frosting

BAKING REVIEW:
Blueberry Cupcakes
w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

I WAS planning to go with French macarons for this month's baking review, but I've been watching a lot of 2 Broke Girls and as a result have been craving cupcakes. Hence the choice to make blueberry cupcakes for this month's baking review! :)


HERE'S where I got my simple recipe.


And this is what the original blueberry cupcakes looked like:




See the hint of blueberry behind the extra cupcake liner above.

And of course my cupcakes:





Clearly I need help frosting...
Although I actually have a reason for that.

Seeing as I thought the recipe yielded too much cupcakes for my small fridge to handle, I halved the original cupcake recipe. In doing so I had to also halve the cheesecake frosting. TL;DR I must have miscalculated my cream cheese-to-butter and confectioner's sugar ratio.

BUT it tastes delicious. And my family concurs! :) (So my taste buds aren't insane. Yippee!)

That being said, next time around I would have used less blueberries as it was a bit too moist. I used fresh blueberries, but the recipe is open to frozen blueberries as well. It was also a bit too sweet...the frosting, the cupcake...just a bit too much for me.

Also although it was easy to put the cupcake batter together, I found it odious to mix the frosting. (Then again I'm particularly averse to the mess I have to clean up after frosting in gener.)

Not quite what I had to deal with... 
All in all, I would definitely try this recipe again. The mess and the dishes afterwards were worth tasting the result. Yum. *drool*
If you've caught the cupcake fever too, check out this simple and sweeeet recipe.

My verdict:


(4 stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment